If you follow me on pretty much any social media platform, you know these two things:
1) I love snacks
2) I have an insatiable sweet tooth
So, I’ve had to get creative over the years in order to satisfy my foodie tendencies without throwing my fitness goals out the window. This has led me to create tons of innovative, macro-friendly recipes, because as they say, “necessity is the mother of invention”!
A couple of years ago, I perfected this recipe for high-protein puppy chow (also known as muddy buddies) and it’s been a hit ever since! At just 140 calories per serving (and not a tiny serving, either!), this is a must-try! I definitely need to make it again ASAP…
I’m sure that mouthwatering photo has you eager to get going, so let’s just right into the recipe!
Makes 4 servings: 143 cal, 6F/17C/8P each
What you need:
- 2 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 Tbsp baking stevia (the finer the texture, the better)
- 2 Tbsp peanut flour (such as PB2)
- 3 Tbsp PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select Protein (PEScience.com 30% off code: MARIE)
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (such as Lily’s)
- 1/4 tsp butter extract (optional)
- pinch salt
What you do:
- In a mixing bowl, microwave the peanut butter and chocolate chips together until just melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Stir the butter extract and salt into the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Gently fold the Chex into the peanut butter/chocolate, making sure to evenly coat each piece without crushing them.
- Combine the baking stevia, peanut flour, and protein powder in a ziplock bag (quart size or larger)
- Pour half of the powder into the mixing bowl and fold to coat the cereal.
- Once that half of the powder is evenly distributed, pour the cereal into the ziplock bag, and shake to coat it with the remaining powder
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Even my “non-fitness” friends and family are big fans of it– that’s how you know it really is amazing and not just one of those weird protein powder recipes.
Wanna get your hands on even more of my macro-friendly meals? Check out my recipe ebook here, which includes protein puppy chow and over 40 other easy meals and snacks!
Comment below if you’re going to try this, and be sure to post photos of the finished product on Instagram! (Don’t forget to tag me so I can see)